I stumbled onto this delicious recipe at another site, Fronskie Feint, one of the hundreds of sites dedicated to the children’s classic, the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling.
* 1/2 stick butter (softened)
* 1/3 cup brown sugar
* 2 tsp. of cinnamon
* 1 tsp grated nutmeg
* 1/4 tsp. ground clove
* 1 quart apple ciderDirections:
1. Cream butter, sugar and spices together.
2. Beat in the vanilla ice cream.
3. Re-freeze the mixture.
4. Scoop out the frozen mixture into a glass.
5. Pour hot Apple cider over the ice cream mixture.
Optional: add an ounce of rum for an adult treat.